In the event that you receive a product that is defective or damaged please notify Vutec immediately by calling 800-770-4700 or 954-545-9000. Items returned for other than manufacturing defects or damage will be charged a minimum of 20% re-stocking fee plus freight cost.
If you receive a product or accessory that has physical damage to the box and or package please follow the directions outlined in our Claims Procedures documentation.
Vutec’s warranty period as described in our Limited Warranty statement will be in effect from the date of purchase from an authorized Vutec reseller. Vutec will repair at no charge, or at its discretion, replace the defective unit with one of equal value.
All returns must be accompanied with a Return Authorization (RA) number and must include proof of purchase. Any items returned without an RA number will be refused and returned to the sender at their cost. All items being returned must be shipped prepaid freight unless authorized by Vutec management. Please note: NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A FREIGHT COLLECT BASIS. Please contact Vutec at 800-770-4700 or 954-545-9000 for Return Authorization assistance.
All products must be returned in their original shipping container along with the original packing materials. The product should be packed exactly as it was originally received from Vutec. If the unit’s original packing is not available, it will be the responsibility of the party returning the product to properly pack the product (s) and assure that there is sufficient padding and insulation to the item to prevent any shipping damage. Any damage incurred as a result of improper packing shall be repaired at the owner’s expense. If an item is damaged as a result of the shipper mishandling, Vutec will notify you of the products condition and it will be the shipper’s responsibility to notify the carrier and file any necessary claims.
All returned products must be in a repairable condition with no parts, components or hardware missing from the unit(s) being returned. No disassembled items to perform warranty service will be accepted and will be returned as non-repairable freight collect. Any and all attempts to perform warranty service without express consent of Vutec will void the warranty, real or implied and be considered as chargeable repair. All products returned are subject to inspection. After the inspection if there is no problem found (NPF) it will be returned to the customer at their expense. If a replacement has already been sent to the customer, they will be responsible for the cost of the replacement product and any freight charges.
Warranty repairs will be returned to you FOB Coral Springs Florida via a ground carrier. All products requiring an overnight or 2 day service carrier will be subject to additional shipping charges over and above our standard shipping methods.
Custom/Made to order Screen Category
ANY ROLL UP OR FRAMED SCREEN THAT IS OVER 130” DIAGONAL SHALL BE CONSIDERERED A MADE TO ORDER CUSTOM SCREEN AND NOT SUBJECT TO RETURN. IN ADDITION ANY SCREEN THAT REQUIRES CUSTOM DRAWINGS BY OUR ENGINEERING TEAM ALSO FALLS INTO THIS CATEGORY AND IS NOT SUBJECT TO RETURN.
This Return Policy was last updated October, 2016.
All Vutec™ products are covered for defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment. If there is any problem with any Vutec product, the problem must be reported within the warrantee period.
It is important to mention that Vutec does not have the obligation on compensate on any charges incurred in exporting any of our items, including replacements, as freight, customs charges, local taxes and others; however, as a matter of cooperation, if a replacement part or unit is needed, Vutec will discuss with the dealer/distributor the best action to be taken.
Procedure for Receiving
AN ORDER FROM VUTEC AND PROPER FOLLOW THROUGH TO FINAL INSTALLATION OF VUTEC PRODUCTS
Vutec™ takes pride in providing the best materials and craftsmanship possible in our products. We inspect and document every product we manufacture. However there are responsibilities that you need to embrace. To efficiently handle product returns we are instituting new procedures outlined blow to insure that any problems encountered are handled properly.
- Vutec maintains a digital photo library of all products taken during final assembly and packaging. This documents that the product was assembled and shipped in working order with all parts and accessories and with no cosmetic defects.
- You will be provided via email with Shipping Documentation, Bill of Lading and Pro Number at the time the product is picked up by the carrier from our facility.
- Upon receipt of the shipment carefully check the packaging for any external damage. If you see that the packaging has been damaged, refuse the shipment immediately.
- If the package appears to be undamaged and you elect to sign the bill of lading make sure you add the following disclaimer: SUBJECT TO INTERNAL INSPECTION FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE, along with your signature.
- At this time you have 48 hours to complete the following steps:
- Send photo(s) via email of the received shipment (all sides) along with a scanned copy of the signed Bill of Lading with the internal damage disclaimer on it before opening
- Must complete internal inspection within 48 hours – If internal inspection reveals damage file a freight claim immediately. Document this with photos and email to Vutec.
- At the time of installation (ON SITE) take a photo before and after unpacking and email to Vutec. Take photo of the assembled product and email to Vutec.
- Take photo of the installed, deployed, retracted product (which ever applies). If a manufacturing defect is found please contact your Vutec rep and or account manager immediately. Email photos to Vutec.
ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING MUST BE RETAINED UNTIL A FINAL FREIGHT CLAIM DETERMINATION HAS BEEN MADE
If all procedures have been followed according to this procedure, Vutec will issue a credit for the full purchase amount for defective products.
For freight damage you will be solely responsible for ensuring that freight claims are initiated. Failure to follow these procedures indemnifies Vutec from any financial responsibility for any freight damage.
Freight claims are complex. If the above procedures are followed the likelihood of a successful and favorable outcome is improved but not guaranteed. DO YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Vutec at 800-770-4700 or 954-545-9000